Thursday, May 31, 2012

Goodbyes

Moving on from a broken relationship requires a lot of strength. Sometimes, it's easier to stay in a situation you have already been accustomed to no matter how loveless or painful it may be than to go out and venture into the unknown. I've seen it happen all the time. It becomes even more difficult knowing it's only your heart that will be broken.

At one point, we all hoped that our current relationship is the one, true love of our lives, the one who will be with us until the end but we all know that isn't always the case. Sometimes, no matter how perfect things have started, a goodbye becomes inevitable. So what do you do when the time for goodbye comes?

I find it easier to move on from a dying relationship when I am sure I have given it my all, when I have done everything for the person to see who I am inside, when I have exerted effort for him to know my thoughts so he would understand me and when I have done everything I could to know, understand and support him in any way I could. When I am sure that I gave the relationship everything I could give to make it work, it becomes easier to move on when needed. It just gives me peace inside even while going through a goodbye when I am certain of the hardwork I have done. This is why I have learned to give every single relationship I have my best.

The most bitter goodbyes I have experienced happened after I realized I couldn't lose anymore of who I am in order to reach out to someone. The funny thing is sometimes, the very things that attracted someone to you at first becomes the source of disagreements later. However, My biggest contribution to any relationship I am in is who I am. If I give away too much of that away, what is left behind is a poor imitation of everything I can give to the relationship. After trying to work on things, I come to a realization that even if the two parties reach out as they much as they can, the gap remains too big to overcome. When that happens, the door seems near and clear. It has never been easy. My heart always breaks and I still go through some period of mourning but because I have tried, I am satisfied.

As I write this, my heart is in turmoil. I have some relationships which are ending. They are soon to give way to some new relationships but I know I may not be able to keep things the way they are now after I walk out. My heart is crying but my mind is already moving on. I am saying goodbye with tears in my eyes but my heart is full of hope. It's a great way to start the rest of the year.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment