Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I'd rather sleep while I'm in love...

Yup, the title was intentionally patterned to the song I'd rather leave while I'm in love. It best described my motto last night.  I decided to sleep it off rather than push for a hasty resolution to an argument. Here's how it happened.

Last night, when I got home after running s bit, my high heels in colors wasn't talking to me. I tried being the playful cat, the spoiled wife, the seductress and the amazon woman but for some reason, he was so engrossed in whatever he was reading that he didn't even notice me. I felt rotten. I have become used to coming home to share stories with him. I had so much to tell him last night but he wouldn't even look at me. :(

After about two hours of trying, I gave up. I started not talking. I got on the bike and decided to just lose some calories while I lose some of the hurt I was feeling. It actually worked... for me. I went to bed tired and slept like a baby. Because I went to bed early, I got up early too. I have evaluated my feelings. It all didn't seem so bad anymore. If I pushed for a fight last night, we would both go to bed angry. We would both be losing on sleep. We would both be even more annoyed with each other.

I hear a lot of people say never to go to bed when there is an unresolved disagreement between 2 married people. To me, thst's alright if the argument happened on a weekend but if it happened on a weeknight, I'd say let's just sleep it off. When you wake up the following day, when you have rested, things that were so unforgettably annoying last night are most likely not so annoying anymore. 

I appreciate it when people give advice on how to go about marriage and everything else that goes with it. I'm sure they meant well but this advice I'd rather not heed. People are free to make decisions on their own depending on what they think is the best way to go over a certain difficulty. To me, no matter what other people say, you decide what you want to do. Being married is never easy. It constantly requires hard work. You should do whatever works for you. If you think it's better to surface an argument before going to sleep, go ahead and do so. If you feel it's better to sleep it off, it is your choice. Life is all about choices. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just make sure that when you make your choices, you live by it and take responsibility for it. 

As for me, I'm taking my sweet time before I talk to my high heels in colors. I'm not mad and I didn't say anything that I would regret when I was feeling hurt so I'm happy with my choice.

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment