Thursday, May 24, 2012

Should you stay or should you go?


Making decisions is never easy especially when it involves relationships. The decision on whether to stay or give things another shot will always be complicated. Every relationship has its challenges and when you're faced with challenges do you take the first flight out and cut loss or do you brave the storm and invest some more of your time and emotions?

If you decide to take the flight option, start a new journey and take another route in finding your place under the sun, you will have another chance. You will have one more opportunity to start things over, rethink your strategy, learn why the previous relationship didn't work and most especially, reinvent yourself so you'd be a better version of yourself with a clean slate.

If you decide to take the fight option, you have to decide whether you still have enough of yourself left to try one more time to make things work. Can you give any more than you already have without losing sight of who you are as a person? Can your heart still take it if the whole venture fails again? What if the changes you will do to adjust will not be enough to erase the errors in your past?

As I write this I still haven't decided. I am weighing my options, my pains versus my happy moments, my hurts versus the chances of success this time, the comfort of the things I am already familiar with or the excitement brought about by the uncertainty of the unknown. Each of us have our own measures of what is right and what is wrong so whatever our decision be there would be consequences which we have to prepare for. If we take the flight this may be a one-way trip and returning at a later time may not be an option. If we take the fight option this may turn out to be the best decision we'll ever make or the biggest mistake we'll commit. I may be confused right now but however things turn out, I am taking responsibility for it and so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment