Saturday, April 22, 2017

What is Forgiveness?

In the past weeks, I have been struggling to find a personal meaning to forgiveness. I know I needed for the concept to make sense for me at a personal level so I'd know if my heart has really forgiven. God heard the silent prayer of my heart and in a moment of silence, He had given me the definition that makes sense to me:
True forgiveness is when you remember the wrong that was done to you BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE.
It doesn't matter anymore - How much simpler can that be? Because of grace, I have been forgiven. It is that same grace I am called to extend to those who have hurt me in the past. It is called grace because it is undeserved, just like the forgiveness I received. It is not easy especially when the wound is still fresh but by God's grace, I will triumph over it. It may take time but with my heart surrendered to God, it is no longer my heart but His and His heart forever overflows with forgiveness to those who genuinely seek His will.

-Jodie-

No comments:

Post a Comment